Are you looking for ways to strengthen and deepen your relationships? Would you like to enhance your communication skills and promote successful outcomes in diverse settings? Join our transformative workshop, where you'll learn VISIONS Guidelines for Effective Cross-Cultural Dialogue.
- Develop practical communications skills that you can apply every day, both at work and in your personal life.
- Strengthen your ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
- Cultivate the ability to navigate disagreements constructively, including conflicts arising from cultural differences.
- Foster a culture of inclusivity and respect within your organization.
- Earn continuing education credit as you further your professional development.
VISIONS has been teaching these guidelines to individuals, groups, and organizations for over 40 years. They have been instrumental in transforming organizations into inclusive, welcoming environments and are also powerful skills for cultivating rich, enduring relationships between individuals.
- 2024 Dates: the last Wednesday of the month
- January 31
- February 28th
- March 27
- April 24
- May 29
- June 26
- Time: 4-5:15 pm ET / 1-2:15 pm PT
- Duration: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- Cost: Pay what you can, min $20 for CE credit
This workshop will be led by experienced VISIONS consultants, who have been supporting individuals, organizations, and groups work effectively across difference for nearly 40 years.
Don't miss this opportunity to enhance your cross-cultural communication skills and promote unity in diversity. Join us in this engaging and practical workshop to navigate differences with grace and foster a more inclusive world.
Limited spots available. Secure your place now!
Who Should Attend?
- Business professionals aiming to lead diverse teams effectively.
- Human resources and organizational development practitioners.
- Educators and community leaders engaged in multicultural settings.
- Anyone seeking to communicate and collaborate more effectively across cultures.
For inquiries, contact us at email@example.com. We look forward to welcoming you to this enriching experience!
Continuing Education Information
CE Credits Offered: 1
As a result of attending Guidelines for Effective Cross-Cultural Dialogue, participants will:
- Recognize and discuss eight guidelines for cultivating respectful, inclusive group environments across difference.
- Identify and discuss at least two self-management skills for addressing conflict in a generative manner.
- Identify at least one way that differentiating between process and content and/or intent and impact is critical to cultivating relationships across social or hierarchical difference.
Vigorous Interventions in Ongoing Natural Settings, Inc. (VISIONS, Inc.) has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 7400. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Vigorous Interventions in Ongoing Natural Settings, Inc. (VISIONS, Inc.) is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886744521-8290) for 1 continuing education contact hours.
Deborah J. Walker, PhD
Dr. Walker has worked as a multicultural and organizational development consultant for over 25 years. She is skilled in the areas of assessment, strategic planning and change, process facilitation, community engagement, cooperative problem solving, and coaching. She has a keen interest in policy and systems change related to disparities. Her focus is on supporting organizations to increase their internal capacity to achieve their equity and inclusion goals. She received her Doctorate in Administration in Higher Education from the University of Alabama.
Leena Akhtar, PhD
Dr. Leena Akhtar brings a perspective she developed having grown up and lived in several different countries to her diversity and inclusion work. After starting her career in finance, she engaged in trauma studies at NYU and then earned a PhD from Harvard University. She has extensively researched and worked on issues of cultural change around discrimination, harassment, and power-based violence in organizations and institutions, work that she continues to do via her consultancy, The Greater Us, in addition to collaborating with VISIONS.
Jeanne K. Firth, PhD
Dr. Jeanne Firth has been working with the VISIONS model since 2013, first as a client on the founding staff team of Grow Dat Youth Farm in New Orleans, Louisiana. Dr. Firth holds a PhD in Human Geography and the Environment and an MSc in Gender, Development and Globalization, both from the London School of Economics and Political Science. A white, working-class woman who grew up in Kansas City, Jeanne comes from a family with farming roots on the prairie. She holds a lifelong dedication to place-based food justice and food sovereignty work. As a social scientist, teacher and organizational leader, she believes in the importance of upholding both process and content; how we learn is of equal importance to what we learn.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
If a workshop is canceled by VISIONS, participants will receive a full refund. If a participant cancels more than 30 days in advance of the training start date, they can receive a full refund or transfer to another session.
If a participant cancels 15-30 days in advance, they can receive up to a 50% refund or have a 50% discount applied to a future training.
Cancellations made 14 or fewer days in advance of the training are not eligible for a refund or transfer to another training.