VISIONS offers customized workshops to organizations and groups that want to engage youth around issues of diversity, inclusion and equity.
Our Youth Empowerment Workshops focus on both the personal and societal impacts of exclusion—based on race, gender, class, ethnicity and other factors—and empower youth to become catalysts for social change.
Both youth and the adults who work with them report that VISIONS training has:
- Allowed youth and staff to share a common framework and language.
- Interrupted the perpetuation of bias and “one-downing” of another group.
- Increased young people’s self-confidence and their perception of themselves as leaders and allies.
- Improved both youth and adults’ ability to deal with internal conflicts and collaborate more effectively.
- Made both the organization and the youth more successful in achieving their social justice mission.
“VISIONS, Inc. has changed my life. As generic and cliché as that may sound, it couldn’t be more accurate. I’m now a Youth Consultant for VISIONS and can lead diversity workshops around the country using the dialogue tools I have learned. What I am most proud of is that I was able to bring the Legacy Project curriculum to my own school community and inspire other youth to take leadership roles in their communities.”